Medieval Period (1204-1681)
There is a large collection of medieval period and these are classified into following groups which are as under:
- (a) Silver coins of Delhi Sultans: Silver coins of Sultans of Delhi are Alauddin Masud Shah (1242-1244AD), Nasiruddin Mahmud Shah (1246-1266 AD), Ghiyasuddin Balban (1266-1287 AD), Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq (1320-1325 AD), Muhammad Bin Tughlaq (1325-1351 AD), Jalaluddin Firoz Khilji (1290-1296 AD) and billon coin of Muizuddin Kaikobad.
- (b) Coins of Bengal Sultans: Coins of Shamsuddin Firuz Shah (1301-1322AD), Ghiyasuddin Bahadur Shah (1322-1329 AD), Fakhruddin Mubarak Shah (1334AD), Alauddin Ali Shah (1341AD), Shamsuddin Ilyas Shah (1342-1357AD), Sikandar Shah (1358-1389 AD), Ghiyasuddin Azam Shah (1389-1410 AD), Shihabuddin Bayazid Shah, Alauddin Firuz Shah, Jalaluddin Muhammad Shah (1415, 1418-1433AD), Nasiruddin Mahmud Shah (1334-1359 AD), Ruknuddin Barbak Shah (1459-1476 AD), Shamsuddin Yusuf Shah (1476-1480 AD), Saifuddin Firuz Shah (1488-1490 AD), Alauddin Hosain Shah (1393-1519 AD), Nasiruddin Nusrat Shah (1519-1532 AD), Ghiyasuddin Mahmud Shah (1532-1538 AD), Sher Shah Suri, Islam Shah Suri, Adil Shah Suri, Ghiyasuddin Bahadur and Daud Shah Kararani.
- (c)Silver Coins of Mughal Emperor: Coins of the Mughal emperors are Jalaluddin Muhammad Akbar (1556-1605) (the coins are round and square in shape), Nuruddin Muhammad Jahangir (1605-1628), Shihabuddin Muhammad Shahjahan (1628-1658), Mahiuddin Aurangzeb Alamgir (1658-1707), Jahandar Shah (1712-1713), Farrukhshiyar (1713-1719), Muhammad Shah(1719-1748), Ahmad Shah Bahadur (1748-1754), Alamgir II (1754-1759) and Shah Alam II (1760-1806).
Mughal Contemporaneous Silver Coins:
- Ahom's Kings: Rudra Simha, Siva Simha, Rajeshwar Simha, and Gourinath Simha(1228-1826).
- Koch Kings: Nara Narayana, Lakshmi Narayana, Prana Narayana and Mada Narayana(1515-1949).
- Tripura kings: Silver coins of Amara Manikya, Rajhdar Manikya, Kishor dev Barmana (1463-1949).
- Silver Coins: Arakani and Joyantia (1500-1600).