Bangladesh Bank, the Central Bank of Bangladesh, always safeguards the interests of the depositors/customers of banks and financial institutions of the country. As the regulator as well as the supervisor of the banks and financial institutions, Bangladesh Bank has, therefore, established a full-fledged department known as "Financial Integrity & Customer Services Department (FICSD)" with the following objectives:
- To protect the interests of the customers related to Banks & Financial Institutions (FI) within the legal and regulatory frame-works.
- To redress the grievances of the customers and to attend the complaints received against Banks/FIs or its any official.
- To improve banker-customer relationship.
- To ensure the standard of customer-services of the Banks/FIs
Lodge your complaint to the FICSD by the following modes:
Dial 16236 during office time on all the working days to lodge your complaint/ for any query regarding banking/financial services.
Send your e-mail to us at email@example.com
Send your complaint to Fax :0088-02-9530464
Send your complaint using the electronic complaint form: Complaint Submission Form
Send your complaint using the android mobile apps: Download from Google Play Store
NRB complaints: Deputy General Manager, CIPC, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your complaints against Banks/Financial Institutions to the following address:
Financial Integrity & Customer Services Department
Bangladesh Bank, Head Office,
2nd Annex Building (17 floor)
Complaint Lodgment ProcedureSTEP-1: Contact your Bank/Financial Institution's Branch first
You should first refer your problem to your Bank/Financial Institution's Branch. You may talk to the concerned official who deals with your case on how you would like the problem to be resolved.z
STEP-2 : Complaining to the Complaint Cell of your Bank/FI
If your Complaint is not resolved at the desk level, you may make a formal complaint to the Complaint Cell of your Banks & Financial Institutions (FI) .
All Banks/Financial Institutions licensed by Bangladesh Bank have set up Complaint Cell in their Head Offices as well as Zonal Offices to handle their customers' complaints. You can get the information of the Complaint Cells of your Bank/Financial Institution from the concerned Branch/from their website.
STEP-3 : Complaining to the FICSD of Bangladesh Bank
If your complaint is still unsolved or you are still dissatisfied, you may submit your complaint to the FICSD of Bangladesh Bank, Head Office, Dhaka providing:-
- Details of your complaint (containing name, address, contact no. of the complainant)
- Copy of the letter from your Bank/FI stating its final decision about the complaint
- Copy of other relevant documents.
- Complaint against an institution/person which is not within the purview of Bangladesh Bank.
- Complaint submitted by a third party without the written permission of the account holder.
- Complaints relating to the matters which are sub judice in the court.
- Complaint that is not signed by the complainant or without any name and address & contact number of the complainant.